A Swiss Insurance Giant Case Study: Generali
Key Highlights / At a Glance:
- It costs businesses nearly $1.3 Trillion to attend 265 Bn customer service calls per year. (Source: IBM)
- Automating email responses eliminates manual email triage and frees up customer service agents by responding up to 80% of customer issues in real-time.
- An NLP-powered advanced automation engine like email response automation (ERA) is the need of the hour for businesses to rightly analyze and craft instant responses to complex customer requests with high precision.
Customers don’t prefer long response times, they want it faster and seamless. Dissatisfied customers result in higher customer churn hurting your brand significantly. Automating email responses helps to cut down the waiting time with faster solution-based responses, delivering an exceptional customer experience. Though industry leaders have been adopting email automation, some have reported the solution didn’t perform to their expectations or failed to meet their business needs.
Where are they going wrong?
Most businesses have been trying to automate their email communications by building macros or rules in Outlook. But this, unfortunately, doesn’t work. A simple example: if you added rules or macros, an email that said, “Book me a ship,” and another email that said, “Ship me a book,” would mean the same thing and would be treated equally.
Just imagine what chaos this could create.
But businesses are also not at fault – of their own, at least. There just hasn’t been a potent alternative in the industry.
The Key Challenge Faced by Generali
The Swiss insurance giant Generali receives a high volume of emails in multiple languages every day. These email requests needed to be taken care of by different departments used to gather in a single mailbox.
Manual email triage for such unprecedented volumes created unreasonably high costs for the company. It was a time sinkhole, indefinitely swallowing precious business hours of highly qualified customer support staff that became a liability to the organization.
Not to mention the sluggish responses to the customers as incoming email requests took days within the organization, just to get forwarded from one department to another more appropriate one.
The insurance conglomerate had full-time employees who were focused on dispatching the emails to the right department. They were struggling to manage the peak-time traffic.That is when we stepped in — with a proprietary Email Response Automation (ERA) engine for automating email responses with AI.
ERA Improved the Response Rate Drastically for Generali
Powered by Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing, our ERA engine deployed a cutting-edge, multilingual email bot that understood and spoke awesome German, French, Italian, and English. It enabled automated email triage for the Swiss company.
The bot would automatically analyse incoming email requests, quickly route them to the right department, and send personalized replies to Generali’s customers – all that with over 85% accuracy and in less than 2 seconds!
Automating email responses with AI, Generali ended up reducing the need for L1 support for emails by over 40%.
Enterprise Bot’s AI-powered email bot ERA helped Generali:
- Improve engagement
- Automate customer support
- Speed up response times
- Generate and qualify leads
- Boost conversion rate
“Enterprise Bot deployed a complete on-premise solution for automating email responses with AI in just three months for us. We are happy to say that we have expanded our collaboration to more use cases and countries. Their platform is fast, simple, and delivered over 40% of automation within the first month of going live.”-Martin Frick, COO
Cognitive Email Automation bots, algorithms, and artificial intelligence are rapidly reshaping the future of business, of its support functions, of everything. If you want to see or understand how a bot works for automating email responses with AI, check out this page.
Check out our Latest Posts!
- How can an AI chatbot help your business nail a great customer experienceAs one of the key trends in innovation, Artificial Intelligence (AI) keeps on acquiring value for contact center…
- Conversational Bots Will Protect User Data from Sophisticated AttacksCyberattacks are on the rise driven by the rapid digitization and 2020 global pandemic. Today’s attacks are not…
Get in touch with us!